5 Reasons Why Bridal Pins are a Must-Have February 24, 2020 – Tags: bouquet accessory, bridal accessories, bridal gifts, bridal pin, bride to be gift, customised accessories, handmade accessories, lucky charm, must-have accessories, something blue, unique gifts
You may or may not have heard of a Bridal Pin before, but, the truth is, this little piece of jewellery is this year’s absolute bridal ‘must-have’.
Personally, I had never heard of Bridal Pins until one day, in 2017, I was looking to buy a ‘Something Blue’ gift for a friend who was about to get married. I came across a few nicely decorated safety pins which I thought looked pretty and would make a lovely gift. However, I didn’t find exactly what I was looking for – I wanted a pin with pearls to match my friend’s Bridal jewellery. I also wanted it to look contemporary and minimal, without too many charms on – so I decided to make one myself.
And that was it! I was hooked… I loved the whole process of sourcing the materials, crafting the pin, preparing the gift wrapping and finally gifting it to my friend… so much so that I decided to make more. Since then I have made almost 400 bridal pins in various designs and colours and I want to share my love for them and explain why I think Bridal Pins are so special!
So, here are a few reasons:
- It offers the Bride her Something Blue.
- It can be added to her bridal bouquet or purse as a lucky charm. Also, if it’s made in the wedding theme colour, it can tie everything together.
- It can be used in an emergency as a safety pin to hold part of the wedding dress (veil, train or shawl) together without looking cheap or tasteless.
- It can include memory, family charms or rings so the Bride has something personal with her during her special day.
- It makes a lovely keepsake that can be treasured long after the wedding.
Whether you make one yourself or not, a Bridal Pin is a unique and thoughtful gift… a little bridal must-have detail that means so much.
Have you gifted a Bridal Pin before or possibly had one at your wedding? If so I would love to know your story, so please leave your comments below.